Author Topic: What is Merge-Mining?  (Read 1272 times)

BeginnerCoin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BeginnerCoin
What is Merge-Mining?
« on: August 27, 2016, 10:10:56 PM »
Merge-Mining is a type of Bitcoin mining that enables a user to mine more than one blockchain at once. Merge-mined coins benefit from the network effect of the existing Bitcoin protocol.  It's also an environmentally friendly option allows blockchain transactions to be validated and checked with no additional network load or electricity spent.

There are many other types of coin mining algorithms. Bitcoin and BeginnerCoin use SHA-256, but there are many new mining algorithms, with new ones (and new cryptocurrencies) being proposed weekly.
BGNR: 17Ct4dy5Ziw7PQvc5VU6Y75F6HHwstzCKR
BTC: 1DfkgpPNjx9xgSd2uxqgVmG8tqrCuiY6Wv

btcdevil

• View Profile
Re: What is Merge-Mining?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 02:56:05 AM »
I have started the wallet mining, how much time or blocks it takes for the mining reward. i am using from more than 20 min but i have not received any block reward.

BeginnerCoin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BeginnerCoin
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »
There is a large amount of hashing power on the network right now, so individuals are having trouble solo-mining.

It can normally take a long time to earn a block, even without the capacity of miners we're currently experiencing. It is a winner-take-all system, and only one person can get the reward from a block.

We're working on this problem now. Thanks!

BeginnerCoin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BeginnerCoin
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 05:27:52 PM »
EDIT: Wallets are working again! Unfortunately, due to the high difficulty, solo mining will likely not earn you BGNR at this time. It's purely for experimental purposes.